There is a huge difference between CBSE and ICSE board one should know the difference. There are many schools in Howrah which are affiliated to CBSE and ICSE. Before enrolling your name to the best English medium school in Howrah, one should know the difference between them.
India has more than a million schools, with a significant percentage of them lacking quality education and adequate resources in that CBSE school.
What is CBSE Board?
CBSE or Central Board of Secondary Education is one of the most preferred school boards for secondary and senior secondary level of education. It conducts national level exam for students that serve as standard minimum eligibility to pursue higher education. The most striking feature of CBSE is that it conducts national level examinations for admission to different engineering and medical courses.
What is ICSE Board?
ICSE or Indian Certificate of Secondary Education was established by the local examination syndicate of the University of Cambridge. It conducts ICSE examination at the end of 10th grade and ISC examination at the end of 12th grade.
In this blog, you will read about best English medium school in Howrah which comes under CBSE board. The name of that particular best CBSE School in Howrah is Sudhir Memorial Institute. It is an English medium Co-ed school and the medium of instruction is English and Hindi both. The syllabus is comparatively easier in comparison to ICSE board.
CBSE Board Overview
- CBSE holds many competitive exams like JEE, NEET, AIPMT etc.
- CBSE affirms a student centered approach by providing interactive study material.
- There are 24000 CBSE affiliated schools in the country.
- CBSE provides education on both English and Hindi languages too.
- The CBSE curriculum is based on NCERT curriculum.
ICSE Board Overview
- The ICSE provides schooling from class 1 to 10.
- The ICSE curriculum is vast and extensive and the teaching methodology is application based.
- There are 2300 schools in India affiliated to ICSE.
Key differences between CBSE and ICSE boards
- CBSE is the top most education board while ICSE is an examination conducted in the course of general education as per new education policy 1986.
- CBSE is known as a board while ICSE is a school certificate examination. In comparison to CBSE, ICSE is a private nongovernmental board of education.
- Syllabus wise, both are different. Normally it is seen that ICSE syllabus is more challenging for students compared to CBSE, Since ICSE syllabus is designed on the basis of the foreign education system.
- ICSE board gives more importance on teaching English and literature that helps to build personality, while CBSE board gives importance of English and Hindi languages.
- In recent times, both the boards have changed their teaching style, instead of rote learning, they follow new teaching methodology where students learn through experimentation and experience.
- According to ICSE exam pattern, the ICSE class 10 Maths question paper is given 2.5 hours to solve and science subject is given 2 hours to solve. And as per the CBSE exam pattern, students will get two types of assessment – formative and summative.
- CBSE offers an alphabetical grading system while ICSE offers in a form of score before its students.
As far you have read about the CBSE and ICSE Boards and its major differences. If you want to admit your child to the best CBSE School in Howrah, you may try for Sudhir Memorial Institute. Among the other CBSE affiliated schools in Howrah, it proves itself the best. Enroll your child name now.