Do you know how does climate changes? What are the causes of climate change? In this article, we will know about climate change and its causes and how the teachers of the best school in howrah explain the Indian climate to the students.
Burning fossil fuels, cutting down forests and farming livestock are increasingly influencing the climate and the earth’s temperature. This adds enormous amounts of greenhouse gases to those naturally occurring in the atmosphere, increasing the greenhouse effect and global warming.
2011-2020 was the warmest decade recorded, with the global average temperature reaching 1.1°C above pre-industrial levels in 2019. Human-induced global warming is presently increasing at a rate of 0.2°C per decade.
An increase of 2°C compared to the temperature in pre-industrial times is associated with serious negative impacts on to the natural environment and human health and well-being, including a much higher risk that dangerous and possibly catastrophic changes in the global environment will occur.
For this reason, the international community has recognized the need to keep warming well below 2°C and pursue efforts to limit it to 1.5°C.
The main driver of climate change is the greenhouse effect. Some gases in the earth’s atmosphere act a bit like the glass in a greenhouse, trapping the sun’s heat and stopping it from leaking back into space and causing global warming. Many of these greenhouse gases occur naturally
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Nitrous Oxide
- Fluorinated Gases
CO2 produced by human activities is the largest contributor to global warming. Methane is a more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2 but it has a short atmospheric lifetime. Nitrous oxide like CO2 is a long-lived greenhouse gas that accumulates in the atmosphere for centuries.
Causes for rising emissions
- Burning coal, oil, and gas produces carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.
- Cutting down forests – Trees help to regulate the climate by absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere. When they are cut down, that beneficial effect is lost and the carbon stored in the trees is released into the atmosphere, adding to the greenhouse effect.
- Increasing livestock farming – Cows and sheep produce large amounts of methane when they digest their food.
- Fertilizers containing nitrogen – It produces nitrous oxide emissions.
- Fluorinated gases – are emitted from equipment and products that use these gases. Such emissions have a very strong warming effect, up to 23 000 times greater than CO2.
Now let’s move on and know about Sudhir Memorial Institute Liluah known as the best english medium school in howrah. It is the best school in howrah providing the best facilities and services to the students as well as the faculty members. The teachers let their students know all about climate change and its causes.
Climate change had various effects such as hotter temperatures, more severe storms, increased drought, a warming rising ocean, loss of species, and not enough food which leads to more health risks. Hope you like reading this article. want to enroll your kid’s name in the Howrah English medium school? Visit today.
I Sushma Gupta, a professional writer for Sudhir Memorial Institute Liluah professional write articles and blogs for its website. I enriched the maximum knowledge and then wrote the article. It’s an English medium school with a CBSE curriculum.